We are a Security Services company, trading as Capricorn Security Group Ltd (Company Number 8556714) (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Capricorn”). Our registered office is at:
1035 Oldham Road, Newton Heath, Manchester M40 2NW
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy – together with the Capricorn Rules and any other documents referred to on it – sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Capricorn Security Group is a “Data Controller,” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required – under data protection legislation – to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
What information do we collect?
You supply personal data that includes your name and address. We hold this information to enable us to comply with statutory obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests for the purposes set out in the section below.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Set up officer and customer portfolios for deployment purposes
- Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to your order for security officers.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
- our business enters a joint venture with – or is sold to or merged with – another business.
We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
Where we store your personal data
We store all your personal details on a secure software deployment package, within the European Economic Area.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data -and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means -and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest ( or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at Capricorn Security Group, Wilsons Park, Newton Heath, Manchester, M40 8WN or email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO). The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm – or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Capricorn Security Group Ltd (Company Number 8556714.) Our data protection registration number is ZA056531.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact our Operations Team on 0161 205 5055.
Download our Privacy Notice below:
Get in touch
Thank you for your interest in Capricorn Security. Our friendly team can be contacted Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm. Alternatively just click the button below to get in touch.
0161 205 5055
“1st class work this week. We had an excellent team of guards. Special mention to Mark Sykes, well deserved after seeing him in action as CPS with Jodie Whittaker.”
Leon Smith, Unit Manager, Dr Who
“Capricorn have supported our business for a number of years, and provided a number of project specific security resolutions for our service needs. The team at Capricorn are always very approachable, flexible and supportive of us as their client and our needs. The operations team are a real asset to Capricorn and a pleasure to work with.”
Clare Bee, Operations Manager, MAPS Solutions Europe Ltd
“This was the smoothest job I have done in nearly 10 years doing this. Guards excellent and all punctual, and brilliant service from all of you.”
Ian McDonald, Unit Manager, Still Open All Hours
“As a city centre venue, the safety and well-being of our customers is at the forefront during any of our operating hours. Capricorn Security have not only done tremendous work for us in the past two years, but they have also become a part of the 20 Stories family. A wonderful company that are professional, friendly and the best at what they do.”
Gintare Sutkauskaite, Assistant General Manager, D&D London | 20 Stories
“I am impressed with Capricorn Security’s ability to consistently provide an excellent and efficient service each time we call upon them. Usually with little or no notice. Capricorn often exceeds our expectations, even during the difficult and sometimes hostile situations news coverage can bring. All personnel are highly competent professionals. And I would have no hesitation in recommending them to others”
Lizz Milman, Operations Manager, ITV News
“Our mission is to focus on what we do best. To concentrate on our core values and continue to be dedicated in the delivery of a first-class service to our clients”
Capricorn Security Group Holdings Ltd holds SIA approved contractor status for the provision of Door Supervision, Security Guarding, key Holding and Close Protection services.
Security Services in Manchester and throughout the North-West
We are fully compliant with Health & Safety regulations and we are also a Verified member of the Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme. Additionally we also hold certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 for quality, environmental and health and safety management systems. Likewise we are SafeContractor approved.